Wow, 2015 is here! I’m kicking things off with a 5k and then heading to Ocean City for a weekend with friends – a great way to start off the year!
One of my Oiselle Secret Santa gifts was the Believe Training Journal (signed by Lauren Fleshman!), so I spent some serious time thinking out and writing down my goals for the year. A great way to keep yourself accountable is sharing your goals, so here goes…
My 2015 Running Goals:
- Qualify for Boston
- Race the B&A Trail Marathon- it’s a smaller race, so I have a legit shot of coming near the top of the pack for women finishers
- Break 20 minutes in a 5k (this is my big and scary stretch goal!)
- Run 2,015 miles in 2015
What will it take?
- Consistency – I need to stick to my training plans and get out there and do the work. I also need to stay focused and not let up during my off seasons.
- Staying healthy – keeping up with stretching, foam rolling and icing will be key. I also need to listen to my body and be smart about when to push the gas and when to take a break.
- Getting stronger – I need to get in my daily core workouts and hit the weight room, and not just focus on running.
- Get speedy – lots of speed work and pushing the pace will be required!
- Schedule and plan – building my runs into my daily schedule and planning ahead will help keep me on track.
- Pay more attention to nutrition – I can’t expect to produce great results with crappy fuel.
- Mental toughness – enough said!